I have over a decade of experience at web companies setting up customer support teams, managing online communities, moderating content, and everything in between. A few years ago I went to a coding bootcamp and am now doing web development as well as customer support and community management.
Below is a summary of my work in these fields. The full details by job (probably too many details) are on LinkedIn.
- Approximately 70,000 support cases and 10,000 phone calls over my career.
- Reorganized FAQs and email snippets at Flickr, Yahoo’s e-commerce product Y! Store, and Kickstarter to get better statistics and decrease the number of incoming tickets.
- Lead projects to improve 4 different internal support tools.
- Created training for 3 different products.
- Trained and on-boarded 5 support teams, 3 of them at outsourced locations. Within 1 month, all of the outsourced teams I setup were running at full capacity with no drop in customer satisfaction scores.
- Add features and tests to internally created web based chat tool. (Angular, Jasmine)
- Work on new backend for museum API. (PHP, PHPUnit)
- Theme changes to museum shop website. (Shopify)
- Managed the Community Moderation teams at Flickr and Kickstarter.
- Managed the Flickr voice and blog.
- Handled messaging when there was a delicate PR situation.
- Created internal process and documentation for 3 different moderation teams.
Jobs & Titles
- Yahoo: Customer Support Frontline Phones, Customer Support lead for 4 different products. Yahoo Store, Yahoo Domains, Yahoo Site, and Yahoo Netroadshow.
- Flickr: Technical Support, Abuse and Moderation Manager, Community Manager
- Pinterest: Community Team Specialist
- Kickstarter: Community Manager
- Brooklyn Museum: Web Developer